MPD Digital MIL-C-17 RG-8U Made in the U.S.A. (68 cents per foot using Coupon Code Christmas)
Good Old Fashioned RG-8/U - Hard to find these days! MPD Digital has contracted with CONWIRE to manufacture 100,000 feet of MILSPEC RG-8u in their Illinois plant. It took us a while, the first shipment of copper was rejected because it did not meet 96% purity standards. But our first shipments are arriving.
Super Flexible, Non-Contaminating PVC Jacket, 95% Braided Shield, and Braided pure copper center conductors. This is a premium RG-8 product.
As you know, there are NO real standards for RG-8 coax anymore. We have seen Chinese RG-8 selling with aluminum braid shields and copper clad conductors. As far as "RG Type" coax is concerned these days it is the Wild West. This makes it more important then ever to find a good US based source that follows the old MIL-C-17 US Military Standards.
As with all MPD Digital Cable assemblies our Warranty Applies:
- 60 Days Return for refund
- 1 Year Replacement for failure
- 5 Years Repair/Replace Connectors
- 10 Year Replacement for cable jacket failure.
RG-8u Construction Specifications
- Conductor: 13 AWG (7 x 21) Bare Copper Wire
- Dielectric: Polyethylene
- Shield: Bare Copper Wire Braid 95% Coverage
- Jacket: Black Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) Fully Flexible from 40°C to +80°C
MPD Digital RG8/U Coax Cable Applications:
- Data transmission
- RF communication
- Broadcast Computer CAT 3
- RoHS Compliant
MPD Digital 8/U Specifications
- RG/U No. - 8/U
- Center Conductor - 13 AWG (7 x 21) Bare Copper Wire
- Dielectric Type - 0.285" Polyethylene
- Shields Inner - Bare Copper Wire Braid 95% Coverage
- Jacket Type - Non-Contaminating
- Jacket O.D. - Nom. 0.405 in.
- Velocity of Propagation - 65.9 %
- Capacitance - 29.5 pF/ft
- Max. Operating Voltage - 4000 rms
- Impedance - 50+-2 ohms