There is a Huge Difference between Genuine Times Microwave LMR and cheap Chinese Imitations.
- Flexible: With a 20mm minimum 90 Degree bend radius, LMR cable can be easily routed into and through tight spaces without kinking.The Patented LMR bonded metal-tape outer conductor provides superior flexibility and ease of bending compared to corrugated copper or smooth wall copper hard-line cables. "LMR Equivalent" coax loses signal where ever it is bent.
- Low Loss: LMR has lower loss than other RG type cables. This is achieved through the use of a high velocity dielectric and a bonded aluminium tape outer conductor.The proprietary gas-injected closed cell foam dielectric prevents water migration through the cable and provides excellent crush resistance. "LMR Equivalent" coax is not crush resistant.
- Weatherproof: The UV protected black polyethylene jacket makes the cable rugged and resistant to the full range of outdoor environments. Times Microwave Coaxial cable is rated for 20 years outdoor exposure standard "LMR Equivalent" coax is not.
- RF Shielding: The bonded aluminium tape outer conductor is overlapped with tinned Braided Copper Shielding to provide 100% coverage, resulting in >90 dB RF shielding (>180 dB crosstalk) and excellent interference immunity (ingress and egress). No "LMR Equivalent" coax is UL and FCC rated for 100% shielding.
- Phase Stability: The intimately bonded structure and foam dielectric of LMR cables provide excellent phase stability over temperature and with bending.The high velocity dielectric results in superior phase stability as compared with solid and air-spaced dielectric cables. This is the reason NASA does not use "LMR Equivalent" coax.
- Certified Testing: Times Microwave LMR cable has been certified by The US Military, NADIC, NASA, and the FCC with all testing independently validated. "LMR Equivalent" coax is tested by the manufacturer, it's pretty easy to make test results come out the way you want if they are never verified...
A word on Our LMR Coaxial Cable Pricing
Pricing by the foot - We price our cable assemblies by the Ft/Meter including the cost of installed connectors. While the price of the coax varies by length, the cost of connectors is fixed. This means that the sales price of shorter cables varies very little. Our cables are expected to have a life span of up to 20 years in amateur radio and wireless use. While we are happy to make your cable any length you like it may be wise to purchase one a little longer than you need in case your set-up changes.
Factory Direct - We purchase our coax factory direct from Times Microwave in 20 KM orders. This allows us to purchase coax at a quantity discount, pass savings on to our customers, and maintain a stock level to fulfil orders. We have a direct factory rep from Times Microwave and are a recognized Times dealer.
Cutting Corners - We can purchase the Chinese coax sold by the majority of sellers for Over 50% Less than what we pay Times Microwave. With copper prices up over 300% in the last years there is more pressure than ever on producers and sellers profit margins. Many sellers have started selling this cheaper coax as "LMR240 or LMR400" at almost the same cost as we charge for the real thing. We have purchased some of this coax and found it weighs 10-20% less per foot than Genuine Times or Andrew cable. Although we have we do not know if this is due to metallic or plastic composition it reinforces our commitment to the genuine article.